Bahamas Review

This is coming about 5 months late but here I go! Lol! In August I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Bahamas. As a child I've always wanted to go there. Especially after seeing all those awesome Atlantis Resort commercials. I love aquariums! I think it's cool that Atlantis has an aquarium within the resort grounds. While walking around you can see sharks swimming in the ponds and its so awesome!

I didn't get to stay at the Atlantis Resort but I ended up staying at the Junkanoo Beach Marriott where I had a great time. It's right on the beach and has two pools on the property. It also had a gym where I could get my daily workout in. JK! The staff was great and super fun to talk to. Through them I got to learn a lot of cool stuff about the Bahamas and which tourists spots are a hit and which are a miss. They also told me about some very interesting cultural events happening in Nassau that I really want attend next time I visit.

One of my favorite things while at the Bahamas was my visit to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. The water is out of this world gorgeous! I did get knocked down a few times by some waves but it was all good! Hahahaha!

Although I didn't stay at Atlantis I was able to tour the resort grounds. I love the interior decor of the place! It looks like some sort of Egyptian palace! There are many great restaurants and stores to choose from. They even have a Gucci store. I will admit that the aquarium wasn't as spectacular as I expected but it was a nice experience. I was more intrigued by the grounds of the resort than the actual aquarium.

One tourist attraction that's close to Atlantis that is really underrated is the Versailles Garden. They have beautiful flowers and some interesting statues of some French people. I'm not too sure why there are a bunch of statues of French men in the Bahamas but I guess that's colonialism for you.

The Straw Market is another must! Not only are the people there super cool but they have some mad handcrafting skills. All of the products available for purchase there are made by straws. They have some of the most beautiful handcrafted items I've ever seen.

Overall I highly recommend the Bahamas and I hope to be back there soon! Hopefully I will get to see the other islands like Grand Bahama, Harbour Island, and the Exumas!



Comments